If you’re seeking veterans auto insurance coverage, we are here to help. It’s always worth asking discounts on military auto insurance coverage when you’re looking to renew your policy or shop around. Often, being a veteran will get you a discount because, statistically, you are safe, responsible, law-abiding and, in many cases, have a steady source of retirement income assuring your insurance company of reliable monthly premium payments. While it’s likely that you’ll be able to get a discount, taking the time to research the best car insurance for veterans will get you a variety of auto insurance quotes so you can find the best policy to suit your needs.
Here are a few things to consider:
Searching for quotes on the internet can save you time and confusion because you can get several quotes from one website. It’s often easier to keep track of information on the computer than trying to remember different conversations and prices quoted by phone unless you keep extensive notes. Also, sometimes the friendliest agents, though they are great to talk to, do not have the best deals to offer you.
Remember that this isn’t all about the discount. You still need the best insurance for military members you can get for the best price. So do your research and ask about the terms on the policy, their maximum payouts, etc.
Even if you’re eligible for a discount as a veteran, you still need a good driving record to get a good rate. If you’re looking for cheap car insurance rates for over age 55, taking a driving course can also improve your rates. Other factors that may lower your rates and put you into a lower risk category are:
- Non-smoker – Non-smokers represent a lower risk driving and often can get a discount
- Carpooling – Not everyone will offer a discount for this but it never hurts to ask
- Low annual miles driven – Lower mileage means you are out on the road less and thus, safer.
- Extensive driving experience – The more you drive, the more you know and can act on safe driving habits.
- Anti-theft devices like wheel locks, alarm systems, and ignition protection devices – Any of these devices can help deter or prevent theft which means they’re good for you and your rates.
- Combining car and home insurance on your policy – Most companies offer discounts for more of your business.
- Putting multiple vehicles on your policy – Again, the more business you give your insurance company, the more willing they are to give you a break on rates.
So, while many of the rules for getting good rates on car insurance apply to you, just like they do to everyone, you can also benefit from asking about getting a discount because you are a veteran.
There are many companies who are experienced in dealing with military service members. If you’re ready to compare retired military vehicle insurance quotes, get started now.