FREE Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Compare quotes from the top auto insurance companies and save!
Veteran Auto Insurance: What Insurance Company Should You Use?
Obviously, the best insurance company is the one that is going to give you the right coverage for the right price. Because there are so many variables to consider when shopping for veteran’s insurance, here are a few of the general basics that you might consider:
- Does this company carry veteran’s insurance?
- What level of insurance do you need?
- Which company will give you the best combination of coverage, service and price?
- Which company offers the most discounts?
Once you find the right insurance company or provider for your needs, it is important to make your insurance more convenient and pleasant to manage. If you like personal attention, you can choose to get your insurance through an agent, however, if you would prefer, you can get your insurance, pay your bills or change your policy through the company’s online web site.
What Are the Types of Veteran’s Auto Insurance?
Your insurance coverage has a number of different levels that you should consider. Veteran’s insurance is the same basic coverage with discounts and other benefits because of the status. You should consider whether you need:
- Liability insurance – This is the minimum required insurance and will cover the cost of damages to another person’s vehicle as well as their medical expenses. It offers no protection for your own vehicle, however.
- Collision insurance – This covers both vehicles in the event of an accident. It might be limited in that it often will not cover glass breakage.
- Comprehensive insurance – This covers vehicle damage in the event of more than a vehicular accident. This can cover the cost of your vehicle if there is damage caused by an animal or if there is glass breakage.
Insurance should also cover the cost of medical payments and treatments. Each level of insurance does provide this coverage but in different amounts. In addition to each of these types of insurance, you can also choose add on coverage to protect yourself.
Common Discounts for Veteran’s Insurance
Like other types of insurance, veteran’s insurance can be made more affordable with the use of a number of discounts. These include:
- Discounts for paying your premium in full
- Automatic bill paying where your bill can be paid from your checking or savings account
- e-Billing where the bill comes to your email rather than to your home address
- Bundling your policies for other types of insurance from the same provider
In addition, you can get discounts for adding other people to your policy- for example, when your children start driving. That will help keep your children’s insurance affordable as well.