FREE Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Compare quotes from the top auto insurance companies and save!
Veterans’ car insurance is a special type of insurance policy that has been created specifically for members of the US military and war veterans. If you are a member of the military or a veteran, you can apply for discounted insurance rates. The first thing you need to do is find out which insurance companies actually offer these discounts. You should check with local insurers, as well as national insurance companies. One of the easiest ways to do this is by going online and checking out their websites.
Why Do Veterans Get Insurance Discounts?
Discounts for car insurance are given to veterans and current members of the military for a variety of reasons. For one thing, it is generally assumed that you have great driving skills, because you have been trained to drive military vehicles. You are considered to be less of an insurance risk because of your driver training. You are also considered to be a responsible person, and you have a steady source of income.
What Coverage do You Need?
When you are looking for veteran car insurance discounts, it is important to know exactly what you need for insurance products before you start getting quotes. There is no sense in getting quotes for one thing when you actually need something completely different. For instance, if you want to have full coverage, make sure that your quotes include prices for this, and that you know everything that is included in these prices. If you can’t afford full coverage, make sure that you get quotes for the minimum required amount of liability insurance in your state.
Other Discounts are Available
In addition to being able to receive insurance discounts for being a veteran or a current member of the military, you may be eligible for other discounts that will help to cut your insurance rates. Shopping around is important, because not every insurance company is going to offer the same discounts or the same products. One of the fastest ways to find out what is available is to go online and visit the websites of many insurance companies. Here you will learn about their products and rates, and if they offer any discounts. Some of the discounts you may be eligible for in addition to a military discount include:
- Mileage – If you do not put a lot of miles on your vehicle every year, you may be able to get a lower rate on your insurance premiums. This is because you have less chances of getting into accidents when you are not driving much.
- Experience – The longer you have been driving, the more experience you have. The more experience you have, the better your chances are of getting discounted insurance rates.
- Memberships – Having certain memberships, including to AARP, AAA and some military organizations, can help you to receive discounts on your veteran auto insurance.
- Health – If you are in good health and you are a non-smoker, you may be eligible for insurance discounts.
- Driver Training – Even though your military career has provided you with this training, if you are over the age of 55, taking new training can help to lower your insurance rates.
- Carpooling – This is not something that every insurer will provide discounts for, but if you do carpool, ask, because it can make you eligible for lower rates in some cases.
- Anti-Theft Devices – If you have car alarms, wheel locks and other anti-theft systems, you can get discounts on your insurance.
- Combination Policies – You can get better rates if you combine your auto, home and life insurance policies into one.
- Multiple Vehicles – If you have more than one vehicle, you can save money on your insurance by making sure that they are covered under one policy.
- Clean Driving Record – Having a good driving record is another way that you can save money.
When you are getting insurance quotes, you need to ask about all of the discounts that the various companies offer. Otherwise, you may be missing out on savings that you never even realized existed. It only takes a few minutes to get free quotes, and by doing so you can save a lot of money on veteran car insurance.
Shopping Around for the Best Deals
If you think you qualify for discounts on insurance, you need to talk to your current insurer to see if you can get your rates lowered. But, don’t just stop there. Look around to see what the other guys are offering. You never know, you may end up being able to get a much better deal elsewhere. Shopping around is the best way to find out.
You can do the work yourself, or let us do it for you. When you fill out the short form online, we will have all of the information necessary to make sure that you have access to the best insurance rates in the country. You don’t have to provide us with any personal information, except your zip code, which we will use to get quotes from insurers in your area. Go online today and let us get you free insurance quotes. You can save money on veteran car insurance, but you have to do a little bit of leg work to make sure you are getting the best deals. Try it today, and start saving money now.