What Are the Rates for Car Insurance that Veterans Pay – and Other FAQs
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Feb 11, 2012
It’s all about veterans. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help veterans make confident auto insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with one auto insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company. Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for veterans interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance-related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
You may have wondered if the rates car insurance veterans pay is cheaper than other insurance rates. When it comes to auto insurance, there are probably a lot of questions you have. There are plenty of common questions about policies in general because the world of car insurance can be confusing. The good news is that it doesn’t have to be. In fact, it can be rather simple and you could even end up saving a bundle of money in the process.
So, why not start with:
- Are rates for car insurance veterans pay cheaper or not? The answer is that they should be and can be. If you are paying for an auto insurance veterans policy but not getting additional premium discounts for it then it is time to review your policy before you renew your policy. Don’t continue to pay rates that aren’t discounted for veterans when plenty of auto insurance policy providers do offer cheap rates for veterans. Even if you are satisfied with the current insurance company you have it is time to look into rates from other companies to see if you and your entire family could be saving money.
- Why are rates for auto insurance veterans pay low? For one thing getting cheaper car insurance premiums is one of the few things companies can do to reward veterans for their service to their country. The truth is too that statistically military personnel are more likely to have a better driving record and therefore it makes it easier to qualify for lower rates. The great thing is that this also means the discounted rates can be extended to include the entire family.
- Why does your zip code matter? When you get your quotes for car insurance for veterans you will be asked to provide your zip code. In fact, it is all you need to get started for rates for different policies. What drivers do not always realize is that your zip code does play a large role in what type of rates you can expect to pay. While the cost of insurance varies from state to state, it even changes based on the zip code where you live. There are many reasons for this including what the rate of accidents are there, the road conditions and the crime rate.
- Why does your state impact the amount you pay for car insurance veterans’ rates? Each state has different minimum requirements when it comes to the type and amount of insurance drivers must carry. All states but one requires drivers to have some sort of coverage in order to be behind the wheel legally. The type of insurance and amount of coverage required does vary depending on which state you live in.
- Why does it even matter where you park your car at night? It may seem like a trivial matter but even where your car is kept through the night can impact your rates for car insurance for veterans. The reason for this is that you may be exposing your vehicle to potential hazards. For example, if you keep your car in a garage in your home in a cul-de-sac of a gated neighborhood there is less chance of something happening than if you have it on the street where storms damage, vandalism or theft could do it harm.
- Does the type of car matter? When you look at rates for car insurance veterans pay you may notice a difference based on the vehicle you drive. The reason for this comes down mainly to safety. Sports cars are more likely to earn a driver tickets or accidents. In fact, even certain color vehicles are more likely to earn people tickets or accidents from driving too fast. Of course, if you can get a car that has more safety features than sporty whistles and bells, you could see some great savings on your auto insurance.
- What about financed vehicles? While a car that is paid for only needs to meet the state requirements a financed or leased vehicle will have additional car insurance costs. There are many factors that determine how much additional coverage you need, aside from whether your car is sporty or safe. If you bring in a trade-in vehicle that you still owe on or the car is of less value than the amount you owe you will need even more coverage. Just things to keep in mind in relation to how much your rates are.
- What is bundling? You may have heard the term bundle when it comes to your insurance and not realize what it is. You should though so it can possibly help you save money. If you have other types of insurance with other companies or policy providers, you could save money on all of these by combining your policies. So, if you have boat insurance with one carrier, renter’s with another and auto with yet another, combining them with one carrier could help you see savings.
- Are there other benefits to getting auto insurance veterans policy rates? Aside from the money you could be saving on your own policy other members of your family could be saving as well. In fact, this does not even have to only be for those living in your immediate household, although they are more likely to see bigger savings. Often times those who are of close relation but living elsewhere could still see discounted auto insurance premiums.
- Why get insurance quotes? If you want to save money on your policy, you should be comparing rates. Even if you have coverage right now, comparing rates will help you find out if you could be saving money on your car insurance. All you have to do is use your zip code to get started finding out how your policy compares. Use this technique to find out how car insurance veterans pay for can be even cheaper.